Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Amazing Testimony




Amazing Miracle by God
"My name is Malarvili.P. I was 21 years old when I got baptized in 1991 -
Bangalore Church. I was Invited by Cindiana Cruz and Jayasheeli in the month of February 1991. They studied the Bible with me. Though I was from a
Protestant Back ground, was very convicted of the fact that I was not a disciple. It took couple of weeks for me to acknowledge my sins and then convicted by Cross got baptized on 17th March, 1991. Then I was working as
a Typist in High Court. I come from a very traditional christian back ground. I had 3 younger brothers. My dad was an Auto driver.

Me becoming a Christian was not very much accepted by my dad as he didn't like me going out and evangelizing and attending meetings in the evenings. So, almost every day I would get scolded by my dad for practicing my faith. There were few days I have had discussions on what the Bible says etc. with my dad. He would tell me that I am not obeying the parents as the Bible
says. I used to show him Luke 14:23. But the arguments would go on and most of the days to a point where my dad would scold my mum for the way how she has brought me up. Every day living a christian life was a night mare for me, because my dad being drunk used to fight every single day with my mum and me. Life went on......Most of the days I was scared even to sleep
at home thinking that he might kill me. All that I was able to do was to pray to God.

During all these I kept on reaching out to my mum and she became a disciple in 1994. After that my mum started fervently praying for my dad and my brothers. One of my brothers, Sathish nd his wife Beula became disciple. Subsequently my youngest brother Suresh became a disciple in
1997. I started fervently pray for my dad to become a disciple. My mum and I have fasted and prayed for my dad many times. Life was not that easy for my mum and brothers. In the meantime, I was married in 1995 to Dr.Ashok Kumar Prabath and had our daughter "Saranya Kezia" (1998).

My dad's life took a turn for the worst. He kept on getting drunk. His day schedule changed. He used to get up by 4.00 a.m. and go to bed by 3.30 p.m. or 4.00 p.m. If at all he gets up from his sleep in the evening he needs to have a drink. He had fallen on the road fully drunk; people who
have seen him brought him back home. My mum was faithfully serving through these tough years but kept up her faith continuously praying for him. I kept on advising him whenever I visited him, and I kept him in my miracle prayer list year after year. Couple of years ago he started studying the Bible, but didn't accept Jesus Christ as his Lord. Few more years passed by. In these couple of years God protected my dad because he loved him. Once when my dad was asleep, the ceiling fan fell just next to his head. He was saved!! We praise God what He did. Another day, dad got up in the evening went off to have a drink, didn't come home till next day
morning. Later, we found out that after his drinks the previous night he kept walking almost 10 kms looking for the house. Only in the morning he came to his senses and came back home by auto. We see God at work in all these situations. God was so gracious and kept my dad from many other dangers that I have not written here, After many other incidences, in the
month of March 2008 part of his body got paralyzed. Though for couple of days he was positive that he would get better. After that he became into himself. Didn't talk much. His health got worse and became very unhappy about the fact that he was not able to drink and smoke. But in all these days my mum kept on talking to him about God and read Bible to him daily. My dad's
health was so bad and as he spoke very less, we didn't feel that he was ready to study the Bible. All that we could do was pray and the different brothers from the Kanakapura ministry kept reaching out to him. Slowly he came out of his depression, his health got better he was still bedridden. In May, when the my mom and brothers asked him about studying the Bible and
changing his life, he immediately accepted. Confessed all his sins, apologised to all of us for the troubles he had created, he also apologised to his own brothers with whom he had a difficult relationship and got baptizedon 11th of June 2008. He getting baptized was literally a
celebration in our house.....but I believe it was a celebration in heaven
too.

In all these, we see God answering our prayers. We literally saw God at work. He is the only one who can change the heart of people. Praise be to God. Thanks to all the brothers and sisters who continuously prayed for him
and helped him.

In Christ

Malar.

No comments: